As a landlord, many real estate investors have a hard time keeping up with the changes in laws, and the changes in opportunities in our area.
Our March meeting will be focused on Landlord Assistance.
We’ll hear from a panel of experts with tips and information on how to be a more profitable and efficient landlord.
- SEC 8
- Military Housing
- Legal Issues, including topics such as:
- Time frames to evict;
- Providing financial statements (new bill coming out that makes it mandatory for a landlord to provide all financial accounting statement to a tenant within 10 days of a request);
- Move out issues;
- Collection issues (know what you are getting involved in. If higher end, get and keep copies of checks if you take uncertified funds, find out contact information for work, nearest relative, etc).
- Self evicting and liability
- Tenant Screening reps who will help landlords fill units with quality tenants
L.T. Caplan, Attorney at Law, PC
L.T. Caplan is a Hampton Roads native, being born in Norfolk, Virginia and raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He’s received an undergraduate business degree from the University of Arizona, Eller School of Business and a legal degree from the University of Miami School of Law.
L.T. Caplan currently represents small and large developers, lenders, hard money lenders, investors, landlords, tenants, and both purchasers & sellers throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia and the State of Florida with their real estate matters. No transaction, matter, or issue is too large or too small for this law firm to handle.